Mill Creek Academy Extended Day Program 2019-2020
Availability for most grade levels is reaching capacity.
As of 7/11/19, 1st grade has reached capacity. Please contact Art Thomas at [email protected] to be added to the wait list.
The Mill Creek Extended Day Program is a community service available to all Mill Creek Academy students. The students in the program are provided with a closely structured and supervised yet fun afternoon schedule of activities, care and fun. Time will be provided each day for homework, snack and free play as well as a variety of activities within the daily program. Additional, fee based, activities are also offered.
The Mill Creek Extended Day Program offers the following services:
1. Daily Extended Day Care- All school days (school end – 6:00PM)
2. Wednesday Only Care – (school end – 6:00PM)
3. Morning Care – All school days (6:30 am – school begin) – AM care students must be walked into the cafeteria and signed in daily.
4. Daily snacks will be provided after school at no additional charge. (If your child has food allergies, please alert the staff during registration. If your child requires additional or special snack, please provide those for your child on a daily basis.)
5. Homework assistance, crafts, inside and outside play.
Extended day is an extension of the school day. Services are only available on school days, we do not offer care during holidays or teacher planning days. These dates are listed on the 2019-2020 district calendar which is available online and the Extended Day Calendar available above.
All enrollments are required to pay a NON REFUNDABLE, registration fee of $80.00 per child. This fee helps to offset the cost of snacks and materials necessary for the program
EXTENDED DAY FEES
The Mill Creek Extended Day Program is completely self-supporting. The program does not receive funds from the District, State or Federal agencies.
According to the Florida Constitution (Article VII, section 10), ALL FEES MUST BE PAID IN ADVANCE OF SERVICE. Once fees are paid they can’t be refunded for any reason.
Wednesday services are excluded from any discounted rate.
FEES ARE CHARGED ON AN 18 SCHOOL DAY PERIOD.
We are happy to be continuing our Drop-In Service for the 2018-2019 school year. Your student must be registered to take part in our Drop-In service.
The fees for drop in extended day care are $20.00 per day per child Payable prior to or at the time of service, (this is state law).
For example: if you know your child will need to attend extended day Friday after-school because you have something planned you need to send payment on Friday morning and follow-up with an email to MCA Transportation instructing him/her to attend Extended Day after school. Children will not be able to participate in the drop in program without payment and permission. The child must be registered and the registration fee paid prior to service.
The standard fees are as follows for one student:
AM Care only: $120.00 per child PM Care only: $235.00 per child
AM/PM Care: $285.00 per child
There are discounts for multiple children, Saint Johns County Employees and active duty military.
Wednesday only $20.00 per Wednesday per Child (billed monthly) (4 Wednesdays: $80.00, 3 Wednesdays: $60.00) Drop in Emergency Care: $20.00 per child per day (must pay prior to service)
PLEASE MAKE CHECKS/MONEY ORDERS PAYABLE TO: MCA EXTENDED DAY. Write in the Memo line the name of the Child the Fees are covering. Please ensure that your phone number is on the check. Payments may also be made online at WWW.SCHOOLPAY.COM.
- All fees must be paid in advance of services performed.
- All payments past due by 5 days will be rendered a $25.00 late fee.
- Children may not attend the Extended Day Program until fees have been paid in full.
Late pickup fees
Extended Day supervision is not offered beyond 6:00 pm. In the event that you are late picking up your child, you will be charged $1.00 PER CHILD, FOR EVERY MINUTE YOU ARE LATE. This charge is DUE AT TIME OF PICKUP. It is necessary to offset the additional cost of care and will be strictly enforced. Please take into consideration the Extended Day workers who also need to get home to their families. We do understand that emergencies do arise from time to time. Please make back up arrangements for your child’s pick up in the event that you might be late. After three late pick-ups we reserve the right to remove your child from the Extended Day Program and you will need to find alternate after school care.
At the time of afternoon dismissal, all students will report to their assigned Extended Day Teacher. Children enrolled in the Extended Day Program are expected to report promptly to their assigned areas when Extended Day is called. Failure to report to the extended day teacher may result in disciplinary action. Changes to dismissal arrangements must be provided via email to [email protected] at least one hour prior to school dismissal. CHILDREN WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO USE THE PHONE TO CALL PARENTS TO MAKE SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS WHICH HAVE NOT BEEN PLANNED IN ADVANCE!
- Students in grades 1 & 2 will be allotted 30 minutes Monday – Thursday to begin homework; students in grades 3, 4, 5 & 6 will be allotted 45 minutes Monday – Thursday to begin homework unless exempt from doing homework in Extended Day. In the event that your child is exempt from or has finished their homework, he/she should have reading material for the remainder of homework time. Kindergarten students will not be doing homework in Extended Day. This is the first time most Kindergartners will experience homework, and it may require one-on-one or family assistance.
- Students must respect their fellow classmates during homework time.
- Students must remember all their homework materials. Students may not return to their classrooms to retrieve forgotten
- Read out loud assignments and practice spelling tests should also be done by parents at home.
- Even though your child may be doing his/her homework assignments in Extended Day, we encourage you to check your child’s work to see that he/she is accomplishing all homework tasks correctly.
To ensure the safety of your child, the following procedures MUST be followed:
- All children will be picked up in the designated area. Parents must sign in if they wish to visit their child’s classroom.
- All children will be signed out by the adult picking them up. Children are not allowed to sign themselves out.
- A picture ID, will be required until the Extended Day Staff is able to recognize each adult picking up said child.
- Be sure to list on the registration form all persons that you give your consent to pick up your child. We will not release your child to anyone who does not appear on the form unless prior written arrangements have been made. (Phone calls will be accepted on emergency basis only.)
- Please inform all persons picking up your child that your child will not be released to them if they do not have the proper photo ID.
If you are interested in your student joining our Extended Day Program please contact us:
Arthur Thomas – Extended Day Coordinator
Email: [email protected]