The Mill Creek Extended Day Program offers the following services:
1. After School Care – All school days (school end – 6:00PM)
2. Wednesday Only Care – (school end – 6:00PM)
3. Morning Care – All school days (6:30 am – school begin) – AM care students must be walked into the cafeteria and signed in daily.
4. Daily snacks will be provided after school at no additional charge. (If your child has food allergies, please alert the staff during registration. If your child requires additional or special snack, please provide those for your child daily.)
5. Homework assistance, crafts, inside and outside play.
Extended day is an extension of the school day. Services are only available on school days. We do not offer care during holidays or teacher planning days. These dates are listed on the 2023-2024 district calendar which is available online and the Extended Day Calendar available above.
All enrollments are required to pay a , registration fee of per child. This fee helps to offset the cost of snacks and materials necessary for the program
The Mill Creek Extended Day Program is completely self-supporting. The program does not receive funds from the District, State or Federal agencies.
According to the Florida Constitution (Article VII, section 10), Once fees are paid, they can’t be refunded.
The fees for drop-in extended day care are $40.00 per day per
For example: if you know your child will need to attend extended
day Friday after-school because you have something planned you need to send
payment on Friday morning and follow-up with an email to MCA Transportation
instructing him/her to attend Extended Day after school. Children will not be
able to participate in the drop-in program without payment and permission. The
child must be registered, and the registration fee paid prior to service.
AM Care only: $200.00 per child PM Care only: $300.00
AM/PM Care: $350.00 per child
Wednesday only $150.00
There are discounts for multiple children, Saint John’s County
School District Employees and active-duty military.
1. All fees must be paid in
advance of services performed.
2. All payments past due by
5 days will be rendered a $25.00 late fee.
3. Children may not attend
the Extended Day Program until fees have been paid in full.
Extended Day supervision is not offered beyond 6:00 pm. If you
are late picking up your child, you will be charged $1.00 PER CHILD, FOR EVERY
MINUTE YOU ARE LATE. This charge is DUE AT TIME OF PICKUP. It is necessary to
offset the additional cost of care and will be strictly enforced. Please take
into consideration the Extended Day workers who also need to get home to their
families. We do understand that emergencies do arise from time to time. Please
make back up arrangements for your child’s pick up if you might be late. After
three late pick-ups we reserve the right to remove your child from the Extended
Day Program and you will need to find alternate after school care.
At the time of afternoon dismissal, all students will report to
their assigned Extended Day Teacher. Children enrolled in the Extended Day
Program are expected to report promptly to their assigned areas when Extended
Day students are dismissed. Failure to report to the extended day teacher may
result in disciplinary action. Changes to dismissal arrangements must be
provided via email to at least
NOT BE ALLOWED TO USE THE PHONE TO CALL PARENTS TO MAKE SPECIAL ARRANGEMENTS
WHICH HAVE NOT BEEN PLANNED IN ADVANCE. CHILDREN WILL
1. Students in grades 1
& 2 will be allotted 30 minutes Monday – Thursday to begin homework;
students in grades 3 through 8 will be allotted 45 minutes Monday – Thursday to
begin homework unless exempt from doing homework in Extended Day. Kindergarten students will not be doing homework in Extended
Day. This is the first time most Kindergartners will experience homework, and
it may require one-on-one or family assistance.
2. Students must respect
their fellow classmates during homework time.
3. Students must remember
all their homework materials. Students may not return to their classrooms to
retrieve forgotten items.
4. Read out loud assignments
and practice spelling tests should also be done by parents at home.
1. All children will be picked up in the designated area.
2. All children will be signed out by the
Children are not allowed to sign themselves out.picking them up.
3. A picture ID, will be required until the Extended Day Staff is able to recognize each adult picking up their student.
4. Be sure to list on the registration form all persons that you give your consent to pick up your child. We will not release your child to anyone who does not appear on the form unless prior arrangements have been made. (Phone calls will be accepted on emergency basis only.)
5. Please inform all persons picking up your child that your child will not be released to them if they do not have the proper photo ID.